Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Pizza Pasta, Italian Dishes I like Lotsa!

 TOPIC OF THE DAY- 3/14

I really do love Italian food.  Pasta, pizza, chicken parm, lasagna, yum.  But all the cheese and the refined carbs in the noodles, not the healthiest option.  Actually I have more or less given up pizza and calzones because while they are pretty much the cheapest savory food in the dining hall, the calories are killer.  Audrey Hepburn often ate pasta and chocolate daily but her portions were tiny.  But today I splurged and went for the spaghetti with mini (sausage?) meatballs.  I planned to have lemon catfish but they did not have it like it was listed online.  I am still full from the dinner though.  It was delicious but very heavy and calorie laden- even though they weren't super unhealthy calories like cheese and...cheese LOL.  I really do like fresh mozzarella and ricotta cheese, sooooo delicious.
I've always wondered what spaghetti squash tastes like.  A vegetable tasting like noodles, hmmmm.  I think it is quite intriguing.

So peoples, what is your favorite Italian dish and what are ways you know of that can make it healthier?

No comments:

Post a Comment