Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Nutritional Info and Muffin top Muffins


So today I found out Sodexo lists their nutritional information online.  Now I know that the school listed theirs but a lot of times the menu wasn't updated so I couldn't find the information.  I looked up their calorie count for the corn muffin and it was listed as 420 calories for 94g.  Their muffins used to be bigger so I though that would be the value for a large muffin.  Well the average size muffin tin cup holds 3.5 ounces which is around 94 grams.  -.-   Now the muffins are a bit smaller than muffin tin size but 420 calories?  Wouldn't that mean that you'd be full after eating the muffin?  On other internet sites, generic corn muffins range from 200 to 300 calories usually so I don't know what to believe.  I really do like the corn muffins and they are one of the cheapest items at $0.79 but I don't think I can get them anymore.  No wonder I'm not losing weight fast; the amount of calories in Sodexo food seems a lot higher than their counterparts. 

Nutritional information is so hard to get accurately (except for packaged goods) and it is frustrating.  I do not understand how two slices of bread can range from 140 to 200 calories usually but a small corn muffin could be 420 claories?!?!?!?!?!?

So what nutrional information surprised you on something you normally/like to eat?  And do you really think there are that many calories in a corn muffin?

No comments:

Post a Comment