Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Fruit Platter, yummy yummy



That Wiggles song really does get stuck in your head.  (Anybody know what I'm talking about?  lol)  The fruit salad offered in the dining halls is mainly comprised of fruit I do not like.  Its not really even fruit salad because there is no variety in it.  Anyway today I discovered that one of the venues (that I never bought food from) has a fresh fruit platter.  And the fruit looked ripe and delicious!  There were two kinds: strawberries, pineapple, grapes and blueberries or strawberries, pineapple, grapes and blackberries.  Both cost $5.99 which is pretty expensive considering the amount of fruit you actually get.  BUT I really wanted the fruit and there was not other meal I really wanted so I got the first option.  I had some of the fruit with the rest of my chicken salad sub.  And it was good so I will probably be purchasing the fruit platter again.  A lot of times I split my meal into multiple parts so now instead of spending a meal on oreos/brownies/yogurt/whatever else, I can purchase a fairly decent sized platter of fresh fruit, mmmmm.  The blueberry was kind of tart so maybe I'll eat them with cereal. 

What is your favorite fruit?  I love so many that I cannot pick just one. 

(in no particular order)
Strawberries
Pineapple
Raspberries
Green apples
Bananas
Grapes
Pears
Blueberries (sometimes)
Clementines (occasionally)
Mango (flavor)
Peach (flavor)
Plum (flavor)
Kiwi (flavor)
Cherry (canned like in a pie lol)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment