Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Crunch Time



It's getting near the end of the semester and I have not lost the weight.  It really is CRUNCH TIME!  Can I lose ten pounds in what is now two weeks?  I should start doing more sit-ups and while lots of websites say that you cannot lose weight in specific spots, you should be able gain muscle. 

Your abs are made of muscles that are almost like a built in corset so strengthing those muscles is important.  I used to find that sit-ups strain my neck more than they work out my abs but the stronger your ab muscles, the less you'll have to rely on you neck.  Also if you keep your neck in a straight line with your back (it helps if you look straight ahead at the ceiling) your sit-ups or crunches should be more successful so I have started doing them.

You should also give reverse crunches a try.  There is virtually no neck-strain and supposedly they work the lower abs.  Cross crunches are also good for the sides although neck-strain is a possibility.  Whatever type I do, I do them 30 at a time.  I've found it to be a pretty decent number of repetitions.

What is your favorite type of crunch or sit-up?   

No comments:

Post a Comment